Listen to District 6 voters express why they are voting for Jen!
Want to know more about what's wrong with out schools?
Watch Jen's 4 part series on CRT, explicit materials, academic decline & how it is affecting students & the country!
I'M JEN SHOWALTER AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE.
for Palm Beach County School Board District 6
I'm running for FIVE things:
1: RETURN THE POWER BACK TO THE PEOPLE.
The board is supposed to represent the will of the constituents. This includes no gross overreach on policies, as well as revising the ESE/IEP system. Parents & staff MUST have input and be part of the solution making process.
2: RESTORE PARENT & EMPLOYEE CHOICE!
I will work to permanently ban medical mandates for school children & employees. Every person has Individual Rights, guaranteed by the Constitution. Parental Rights have been ignored for too long. Parents know their child best and are the true decision maker. They should decide what is best for their child in all areas, from academics to medical decisions..
3: REBUILD TRANSPARENCY, COMMUNICATION & ACCOUNTABILITY.
How can the board lead if they don't listen? Teachers and students need to be able to voice concerns without fear of reprisals. We must have a full audit of the $5 BILLION dollar budget to see where the money is... and isn't going. We need a major communications overhaul to be truly effective. Policies need to be enforced or changed.
4: REFOCUS ON REAL ACADEMICS & RESULTS.
We must provide ALL children with historically accurate curriculum, in a "can do" positive environment that promotes personal responsibility and strong work ethics, in order to be truly ready for career, trade school or college.
5: TEACH KIDS HOW TO THINK, NOT WHAT TO THINK!
We must eliminate political indoctrinations, such as Critical Race Theory. We must focus on developing cognitive skills instead of SEL! Our students need to focus on developing skills sets and retaining what they learn.
• Daughter of Retired Air Force Officer and public school teacher, with other family members all public school teachers.
• Graduate of Virginia Tech
• Wife, celebrating 25th wedding anniversary in October.
• Mom of three: all gifted, two with Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder & other conditions. I have a daughter who graduated Valedictorian of Wellington High School in May 2022 and now in college, a junior at Wellington High School who is also in Marching Band, and a sixth grader who is homeschooled due to bullying.
• Spent over 20 years as a Graphic Designer, Brand Specialist,Art Director in advertising & marketing fields.
• Business Owner (Two: graphic design & Essential Oils)
• Volunteer Parent Advocate for Special Needs & Education for 16 years
• Community Volunteer